Nutmeg Treasure Hunters Forum

The Nutmeg Treasure Hunters is a metal detecting group from North Haven Connecticut.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hey Look What I Found at Gateway Treasure Hunters Competition- 5/22/2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should Our Next Hunt Be More Clad and Less Silver?
More targets of clad more for everyone-
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No I only like silver-
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Lets raise the $10 fee and up it to $15 for more silver -
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I am open to finding more targets even if we use more clad and some silver targets.
80%
 80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
judoman007

PostSubject: Hey Look What I Found at Gateway Treasure Hunters Competition- 5/22/2010   Tue May 25, 2010 7:24 am

This was an excellent hunt to attend and well organized .The cost was $75 for 3 hunts and a metal detector was given away between each hunt . The Gateway Treasure Hunters had a seeded hunt on 5/22/2010 on Onset Beach , Ma. It took me about 2 hours and 20 minutes to get there. I left my home at approximately 5:30am and got there about 7:45am and did some tag sales near by. Bye the way you need to get to the parking lot by 8:00am or earlier. Its small and holds about 50 cars. They start early with several raffles while registration is taking place from 9:00am - 10:00am . Space fills quickly and you want to be there early. Its a great sandy beach with alot of area for detecting. Three hunt fields were planted with clad coins ( dollars, halves, quarters, dimes and nickels ) some silver was also planted as well as tokens redeemable for envelope of cash for $5, $10 and $20. There were kids from 12 years old to adults of 80 years old detecting each area. They flagged off three separate fields. They started the first hunt at 10:30am in the farthest field from the parking lot. Great day for hunting and lots and lots of targets , no junk signals. You were ONLY allowed to use your hands in this hunt no scoops. I thought it would be hard but it really is alot of fun and I would like to try it with our group at our seeded site. Within seconds of the start I was finding all types of coins. I found alot of clad coins during all three hunts, two cash tokens and two pieces of silver. I had dug a total of 196 coins. Two tokens worth $10 each. A silver dime , a silver half. A break down of my finds was 54 nickels , 58 quarters, 67 dimes , 8 kennedy halves , 3 IKES , 2 dollars coins , a silver dime, a silver half and $20. cash for a total of $51.90. It was a fun day , great weather and some fun people from all over to speak with about detecting. This was a great hunt and I like the idea of finding alot of coins even if most are clad and some are silver. I think that when we hunt it should be a surprize what out there and not a breakdown of the coins. It makes for a more interesting time and consider doing it with our group. I attached a photo of all the coins that I found that day !!

Keep Detecting And Having Fun !!!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hey Look What I Found at Gateway Treasure Hunters Competition- 5/22/2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1