Nutmeg Treasure Hunters Forum

The Nutmeg Treasure Hunters is a metal detecting group from North Haven Connecticut.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A nice find in the yard...ha!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jimmyb

PostSubject: A nice find in the yard...ha!   Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:10 pm

I cleaned my White's XLT and I was checking it out prior to going to a park...and surprise....about 30 feet from the front door I uncovered a 1940 mercury dime about 5 inches down...it took me a while to show it as the target seem to move every time I removed more dirt, but the detector keep a solid signal on every sweep...finally success..a nice dime...this spot is about one foot away from where I Found a 1954 silver quarter last year...I can only guess the winter weather moved the dime closer to the surface...I wonder what I will get next year...maybe a standing liberty?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
john sliney

PostSubject: Re: A nice find in the yard...ha!   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 am

WOW JIMMY, NICE FIND. I LIVE IN DURHAM AND HAVE A HUGE YARD. CANT SEEM TO PULL ANY SILVER UP. JUST JUNK AND FOIL. ANY SUGGESTIONS????? THANKS , JOHN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimmyb

PostSubject: Never give up and continue to experiment with your detector settings...I have my favorite settings but still make adjustments from time to time...I now have an ETRAC and love it...good luck..   Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:37 am

john sliney wrote:
WOW JIMMY, NICE FIND. I LIVE IN DURHAM AND HAVE A HUGE YARD. CANT SEEM TO PULL ANY SILVER UP. JUST JUNK AND FOIL. ANY SUGGESTIONS????? THANKS , JOHN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nice find in the yard...ha!   Today at 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down

A nice find in the yard...ha!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1